It is vital to keep Hatton Garden sustainable and vibrant with a core appeal to all. This has never been as important as it is today as businesses and communities begin to regroup and rebuild following the Covid-19 pandemic.
This can only be achieved through a partnership approach, ensuring social inclusion and cohesion is met for all. Through such an approach, health and wellbeing can be achieved for the ar ea as a whole: including businesses, residents and visitors. With a positive result, the BID in its second term will be instrumental in providing the leadership for this along with support and guidance. The BID will continue to recognise the depth and breadth of diversity in the area, from both a business and economic aspect but also in terms of the skill set, culture and all stakeholders’ perspectives. Capitalising on this diverse and mixed economy will allow creative projects to be developed to assist business in both sustainability of the area but also in providing an opportunity for further investment in Social Value encouraging a liveable and accessible neighbourhood.
The Hatton Garden BID will create sustainable prosperity and well supported businesses by:
- Continuation of the post Covid-19 support packages, including signposting, strong lobbying, support of funding applications, best practise sharing and other mechanisms.
- The BID will ensure we stay aware of potential funding opportunities that will benefit the area including, local, central, Government, and city hall funding.
- Working with existing partners such as Camden Giving and the BAJ to promote and develop a bespoke Social Value Programme to support local community and voluntary engagement.
- We will introduce utilities saving schemes for businesses.
- Integration of business sectors, using business strengths to develop new jobs, skills, training, mentoring and apprenticeships to improve outcomes for local residents and young people.
- Develop a smarter giving campaign in conjunction with Camden borough council.
- Development of business to businesses mentoring scheme.
- Continuation of business workshops and training.
- Development of a work placement brokerage scheme.
- To grow the business directory and annual business networking events, all themed and designed around business need.
- A united lobbying voice to influence local and central government.